Saturday, March 26, 2005

Throw a chair through a plate glass window; It's time. Dance Dance Revolution!

Eric writes: Dancing on a dancefloor is even better than dancing on a giant control pad. That's what I learned tonight. Um, I just got home. Was writing most of the night, and then went out to celebrate Neighbor Nat's birthday. At the bar, there was a dj. DJ's output resulted in me, Neighbor Matt, Matt's friend Andy and Nat's friend Miss D. hitting the dancefloor. Miss D. was a girl so it wasn't just some dudes stepping in time with the music. And honestly, you'd be proud. We danced like maniacs. I want to make a lot of Flashdance references but I haven't seen it since I saw it on cable as a kid. i remember something about an eating disorder, oh yeah, and there was dancing. Forget Flashdance. Tonight should've been a movie. I was wearing a plaid shirt (big surprise as plaid collar shirts are what fill my closet (along with everything to keep my room from looking messy (mind you, the last week my room has gotten the messiest it's been in a long time (be warned visitors to Claytonville))).

So yeah, dancing tonight.
Miss D. was a good dancer.
Matt, a good dancer.
Andy, pretty good dancer.
Me, not so much. I do well at weddings, jumping along to the music and throwing my arms up in joy. But when it comes to a dj playing electronic techno music, I don't fare as well. Nontheless, I pulled out all the stops tonight. It was more like hyperactive Eric playing make-believe than any real dancing.

Things I pretended to be while dancing (note, i never ever went into robot mode):]
a cowboy
an elephant
a fisherman (reeled andy in)
an airplane
the wave going through the crowd at a stadium
a siren
a bongo player
James Brown (guessing nobody could tell, it probably looked more like spasms than anything else)
a kangaroo
Mick Jagger
a speed skater
a mambo dancer who's simultaneously tap dancing (this is my best dance)
Spiderman
a t-rex
a dog (Miss D. would meow at me, and i would bark back)

There's more (yes, that was me doing the chickenwalk from "Blue Velvet"), but let's just say, people were entertained for the most part by our dancing. 'CAUSE nobody puts Nuggets in a corner. Other people were dancing, but these people were more about regular dancing. I got a thumbs up from a sleazy looking girl with a kangol hat, so i'm doing alright, eh? At the table, Miss D and I talked about retreats. I've never gone on one, and she went on a 5 day silent retreat. A-House, a friend from college had gone on one, and so I could sorta hold a conversation about it. 5 days? No words, no rhyming. Not the retreat for me. I think I'd like to go on one 'though, where you can talk and ask questions: "Yo, bra. Can I get seconds of lentils?", "Can I listen to my ipod while i meditate? My music relaxes me.", "I'm all about compassion and loving kindess but can I change roommates? Ken smells rank."

The project is going well. Gonna work on it for a little and then going to sleep. -Eric

P.S. Earthlink DSL keeps conking out. I think I'll give them a call to ask what gives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home