Thursday, May 25, 2006

before it enters the pupil stage....

note: this post is 100% sincere. no irony. no cynicism. i mean every word of it.

i'm very very excited to go to the "It's Alive!" exhibit at AMPAS in Beverly Hills.

They have an honest to goodness Mogwai on display in this exhibit detailing the history of animatronics in film. So yes: Gizmo's there! Harry (from Harry and the Hendersons) is there! Oh yeah, that little green elderly Jedi, voiced by Frank Oz.
Plus more! (I think that's Aughra from the Dark Crystal in one of those pics!)

I plan on going, perhaps this Saturday. Who wants to join this dork for brunch and a movie creature exhibit? Yes, obviously if Falcor from The Neverending Story was there, I'd go every day the exhibit existed....

I'm not joking. Seeing Gizmo and Yoda in person is gonna be so awesome....

Feeling like the Comic Book guy on The Simpsons, Eric

P.S. Apparently, there's some stuff from "Short Circuit" in the exhibit. It can only mean one thing... JOHNNY FIVE!

1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger alex or eric said...

shhhh. little secret. i'm in nyc morning of 6/3. if you would like to grab breakfast with me after my cross country flight, you know my name, look up my number!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home