Saturday, May 13, 2006

I wish I had a camera...

Brothers and Sisters,
I wish I had a camera. A digital camera which I could plug into my computer.
So I could post photos on the blog. Photos of me.
So you could admire my sexiness as the background of your computer.

It's Saturday afternoon. A lazy day, thus far.
About to work out.
This blog post is a distraction, a dawdle.
But as soon as I'm done, I'll be on the elliptical trainer,
make-believing that I'm cross country skiing across a palatial Eskimo estate, igloos dotting the landscape. As far as the eye can see, that frozen tundra is mine. Again, only make-believe.

I just had a great phone call with my Dad, telling him all about my creative side-projects. Some exciting opportunities may have opened up for me (for which I wouldn't need to leave my job), and he sounded excited, which made me excited.

I put my annual review from work on the fridge. Alex and Kat both seemed very proud of me.

I love attention. Who doesn't?

On Thursday night, I made the correct choice, and escaped a work obligation, so I could go to the George Saunders reading. He read his "Nostalgia" piece from the April 10th New Yorker; and also a story from his new collection, "In Persuasion Nation". I had my copy signed after the reading, and got to speak with George Saunders briefly about my favorite story of his, "The 400-pound CEO". which I first heard on "This American Life". Anyway, a HUGELY INSPIRING evening. Afterwards, dinner with J-Innes, R-Marsh, and some other USC'ers at Fred 62, where we all told embarassing stories. Had the storytelling segment of the meal been a contest, Derrick would've taken home the gold for the most entertaining and beautiful story I've heard in a long long time.

Alright, enough of this post. Goodbye blog! Hello elliptical trainer in the middle of my bedroom!

- Eric

P.S. This week, Alex and I start working out the plans for the sister site to this blog, which will be made up of fewer written words, but many many images. If you are a psychic and can see into the future, you already know what's coming up in the weeks ahead... I'll just say this: they may need to change the name of June to something more appropriate, like ROCKTOBER. It's gonna be that great! I may even try to grow a moustache for the new website. I may even join JDate for the new website. Plus more! Details to follow...

1 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't lie, Eric. When I saw your refrigerator, my heart swelled.

(Even more than my heart usually swells when I see a refrigerator.)

Fine work, son!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home