Thursday, May 04, 2006

CHOCOLATE MEN

My cousin Carol mailed me a box of Jacques Torres chocolates for my birthday. They arrived yesterday. An assortment of square truffles. Whoa 2 Cocoa. Next time I'm in NYC, I will take the train over to Dumbo and visit his store, the interior of which I'd seen in a photograph for a Julianne Moore profile some magazine I think it was the NYTimes Magazine did a few years ago, and purchase every varietal offered. Though I think the idea of a chocolate sommelier is very ridiculous, I do like hearing and find amusing when wine sommeliers ooze on and on about the notes and hints and textures of a glass of red, calling out attributes that I couldn't discern for the life of me and am skeptical about in the first place. I have never tasted cigar wrapper in a glass of wine. So maybe a chocolate taste expert might be fun to listen to. Regardless, his chocolates are delectable and potentially addictive for I did discern a hint of crack in one of them. I can now say that I love two chocolate makers: Jacques Torres and R.Kelly.
Oh yeah, about R.Kelly. I haven't been to a concert since I think it was an OKGO show but this Sunday night, Eric, Jinnes, and I will be going to see Mr. Showbiz, The Pied Piper of R&B, Black Zorro, Kels, The Rrrrr, R. Kelly perform @ the Universal Ampitheater. Tears will shed. Jaws will drop. Belts will unbuckle.

LOVE
ALEX

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

arf arf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home