Friday, April 14, 2006

CASSAVETES

I caught a double feature the other night at the New Beverly: LOVE STREAMS & HUSBANDS. I had a quasi erection of the heart on the drive back home. These two remarkable films---LOVE STREAMS seen for the first time; HUSBANDS for the 2nd----sorta reinvigorated my faith in the possibility of an independent vision in the movies. They remind me of what matters in the movies, of what lasts: not story, not structure, not change, but behavior, the wildness of lived-in experience, and the beauty of the image. Some think Cassavetes' work is difficult, a bore but an interesting one at that. I hate to be the hater here but if you think Cassavetes is only all right, then I'm sorry, we can't be friends. Plus, eat a dick. (Eric and I have decided that "eat a dick" is just about the greatest.)
Tonight, a few of us are gonna catch MLaw's sketch comedy show. She's hilarious.
On another note, it's the bomb diggity weekend for all you believers out there. Rejoice brothers and sisters rejoice!

LOVE
ALEX

P.S. I've already cast my ballot: David Wright MVP.

1 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Alex Chung.
"what matters in the movies, of what lasts: not story, not structure, not change, but behavior, the wildness of lived-in experience,"

And, favorite director: Stephen Spielberg.

Brilliant! I love it.

-Beej.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home