Thursday, April 20, 2006

DAN BROWN

Arriving late to the Da Vinci Code party, I feel like strangling myself. I figured that what with the movie coming out and half the world having read it, I should too. E and Vons warned me that it's a terribly written book, but shizz, with chapters that are no longer than a page (chapter 15 lands on page 73), italics that describe what's going on in someone's head (This is my fault!), cliffhanger chapter endings (P.S. find Robert Langdon), expository digressions for the sake of immediate clarity (When she was young,...), and best of all, wowsers like "Unfortunately, time was running out" and "Fog shrouded his thoughts," with all these clunkers as E puts it, I can't believe the book wouldn't be better enjoyed in Cliff Note form. In fact, (I'm sure someone somewhere has already put forth this idea), it seems like Dan Brown wrote the book not to be read, but rather, to be turned into a movie. This makes complete sense to me. Why write well when you can get optioned?

LOVE
ALEX

1 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger Matt White said...

i gotsta agree, man. i just started reading the book too. dang! pretty bad. i hope the plot makes up for the prose...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home