Monday, November 21, 2005

Palmdale: Nerd Alert! Nerd Alert!

Brothers and sisters,
I've just returned from XBox360: Zero Hour in Palmdale. Tommy the Clown from "Rize" was there with some Crump dancers, and that was the best part. In line to get an XBox, I started speaking with a guy who turned out to be Rob McKittrick, writer/director of Ryan Reynold's vehicle, "Waiting..." which I did not see in theaters, despite being a Ryan Reynold's fan. Anyway, he's a really nice guy and we got to have some fun industry gossip, where I gave him some compliments on his blog, which I enjoy reading from time to time (it details his experiences in trying to get that movie made).
The event took place in a giant airplane hangar. It felt like a trade show. Lots of people lounging around on beanbags, playing video games. Some free schwag (every person got a hooded sweatshirt, memory card, 3 months of online gaming), and Alex now has some xbox360 gear for his wardrobe (new hoodie, t-shirt, beanie, and keychain).
Mat and I went to a t-shirt store in Palmdale. I bought a shirt that says "Los Angeles : City of Angeles". I should've bought ten. It's fantastic.
I got interviewed by some guy with a video camera. Interview went like this:
Q : "Have you ever seen anything like this?"
Me: "No"
Q : "Is this bigger than Nintendo 64?"
Me: "Yeah, I guess"
Q: "Bigger than Atari?"
Me: "Yeah, maybe."
Q : "How huge is XBox 360?"
Me: "Pretty big. Lots of people here."
I wasn't trying to play it cool. I just didn't know what to say. I should've said something like, "This is totally like A.D. vs. B.C. We were in an age of chaos, and XBox360 has changed us, has shown us the way to salvation!" or "This is the most important day of my life!" but anyway, fun time. Thanks Microsoft for having me to your party!

Readers, I'll give a better rundown at a later post. Gotta pack my bags, so I can leave tomorrow for NYC!!!

- Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home