Saturday, November 12, 2005

XBox and me...

So Microsoft had this contest where 3000 people are getting to go out into the desert for a super-secret launch party for the new XBox (XBox360). So anyway, I entered the contest which I saw on the msn.com page. I can't explain why... The dork in me felt compelled...

Cut to this morning and a mild hangover. I get an e-mail:
"Congratulations! You have been selected to attend Microsoft's Xbox 360: Zero Hour Launch Event. Your journey to Xbox 360 T starts here and we invite you to be the first generation of the next generation." So the big deal of the event is that you get to party for 30 hours in the desert. I plan on going on Sunday with a guest (probably Alex) to see what it's like, then drive back for some work on Monday. But then Monday afternoon, if I want to go back, I and a guest of my choosing are guaranteed purchase on an XBox360, the hottest toy for chanukah '05....

The link to some info...

Maybe I'll get to pitch my idea for a Microsoft video game, based around a pesky paperclip named "Clippy" who travels from office computer to office computer, destroying joy and defeating any 9-5 morale from cubicle to cubicle with such barbed attacks as "It looks like you're writing a letter."

I'm curious, and thusly am heading into the desert next Sunday to play video games in what looks to be a glowing green airplane hangar...

Dear Microsoft, Thanks for the invite. I've never been to a launch party for a video game console. This will be a first for me. Your friend in Los Feliz, Eric

1 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home