Friday, November 04, 2005

This weekend...

Brothers and Sisters,
I have no idea what I'm up to this weekend. Breaking bread with Schlebs tonight. Then tomorrow, meeting up with J-Hath for a walk around Los Feliz.

Maradona is all over the news for doing something other than being an ex-soccer god with a penchant for booger sugar... Neat, eh? Except for the rioting. Boo Bush!

I lost a sneaker (New Balance), so I wore non-workout sneakers to the gym the other night. Maybe I looked a little weird. But not as weird as guys who wear blue jeans to the gym. That seems neither stylish nor comfortable. (An aside: I own no blue jeans at this time in my life. What a khaki-wearin' weirdo, eh?)

Final Cut Pro arrives today or Monday. As soon as I borrow/rent a dv deck I can load the footage onto my iMac and start cutting the paralegal movie together. I am jazzed. I've never even watched the footage. I'm hoping to edit something together good enough to get into some festivals.

Watched two dissimilar movies last night: "Flight of the Navigator" and "Tarnation". "Flight of the Navigator" for the first 40 minutes or so, is pretty interesting, where 8 years go by and the kid is suddenly in 1986, and the world around him has changed. It's when the kid gets on the spaceship that it becomes boring. I still don't understand if the spaceship is flown by a creature or a big-eyed robot that sounds a lot like Pee-Wee Herman as the film progresses. The kid risks death to travel back in time to 1978, the time he knows. "Tarnation" was not what I expected, and I don't get why so many reviews were glowing. A lot of sadness & suffering does not a great 90 minute video make. There was something off-putting/insincere about parts constructed to yield the greatest emotional response with the audience (even with this subject matter: Over the top, especially with the music). I'm probably wrong and everyone else is right. Interesting (but not always engaging) to see someone construct their family history from home movies/audio recordings. Mixed feelings on Tarnation. It is neat that you can just cut together video footage and make a movie that sums up your painful upbringing. (If only I'd had a camcorder in middle school!)

It's Friday Afternoon. About to run away from my cubicle to get caffeinated before diving into some work...

Have a good weekend, Eric

P.S. Alex left town for Nueva York. The house is mine. Everyone come over and wear your shoes upstairs! He'll never know! It's not like he reads the blog... right? Um... Uh, oh... Am I gonna get in trouble now?

P.P.S. L.A. is nice and warm. I can't believe it's November. Thanksgiving is only WEEKS AWAY! Dear Turkey, Eat you soon! Love, Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home