Thursday, November 03, 2005

the weird dreams...

brothers and sisters,
my dreams get weirder and weirder.... last night i dreamt that as a katrina benefit, ringo and paul reunited and called themselves the beatles (yes, just the 2 of them on stage: drum & bass). paul thought it'd be funny if i came on stage for the first few songs and played bass... i explained that i don't play bass, so paul wrote me some instructions and then ran off. ringo gets upset about what a terrible Beatle i am. then, horror of horrors, i flip out and slap ringo around, telling him that i'm going on stage as paul, as a favor, not 'cause i want to. ringo and i hug, and then we go out on stage, and the song starts ("and your bird can sing"), and i still don't know how to play bass. paul shakes his head about my lack of musicianship, comes over, takes my bass guitar, and while playing the bass and singing, prods me off the stage with the bass. everyone cheers at me getting kicked offstage by paul. what does this dream mean? other than -> dear eric, you're a nice guy, but you're no paul mccartney. love, your dream

lots of celebrities in my dreams, as of late. last week, i dreamt that i went to see a dinner theater production of "the producers" with my grandparents. mel brooks comes out to sit with us after the show and my grandparents explain that mel is my cousin. mel brooks orders his handlers to get me a pizza from brooklyn. the handlers explain how expensive it'll be (30 dollars) and mel lashes out, "eric is my cousin and he wants pizza. get him a pizza! now!" mel turns back and gives me a big hug. he whistles to a waitress and tells her, "get this boy a diet coke". he treats me like a little kid and messes with my hair. he wants to know what we thought of the show and i can't remember anything about "the producers" so i just tell him it's the best show i've ever seen. he's so proud, he starts crying.

the weirdest dream of all, also involved a celebrity. i went to las vegas, where as part of a comedy show, a comedian threw hammers through windshields of supercars (McClaren F1's, Ferrari Enzos, etc.) Then Stephen Colbert gets up there and has the audience all duct tape hot dogs to their noses. With toothpicks, we connect baby carrots to the hot dogs. He then shows us our reflection in a giant mirror. We look RIDICULOUS! The applause is huge. He then tells a joke, "I was at the bus station once and I had to go, so I went..." We look down and the front of his pants are wet. Everyone I'm with laughs like this is the funniest joke ever... After the show, Colbert wants to meet me and talk me into being a comedian. I argue that I don't. Then Colbert starts telling all these horrible stories from my childhood (mostly middle school) and pointing out how funny they are.

anyone else have weird dreams lately? - eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home