Saturday, November 19, 2005

Bonkers R Us...

Brothers and sisters,
It's been busy. Work's been good, just taking up most of my time&energy... So here's what's doing...

First off, my improv class ended. I had a show on Monday. Thanks to Alex, Kat, and MattyJ for coming to see me perform with the rest of my level 101 class at UCB. It was a fantastic group of people in the class and hopefully I'll get to cross paths with some of them again soon.

The wristbands came for the XBox360 event. It starts tomorrow night in an airplane hangar in Palmdale. Matty-J and I are heading up on Monday. I'll do my best to film and/or take photos of the event(s) and attendees.

We took a group photo of the people in my office at a party and I was in the center for no reason. I can't stop blinking/flinching during camera flashes. I have a feeling like these photos are gonna turn up terrible and um, I dunno... Nothing I can do... At least I was wearing a cool sweater my Mom got me for chanukah last year.

During my shower this morning, I (as I do from time to time to boost morale and whatnot) practiced my Oscar speech. Just in case I ever get nominated. First I should probably write and sell a screenplay before I practice an Oscar acceptance speech, right?

On Wednesday morning at 5am, I'll be landing in New York City. The cold will hit me hard. But I'll be strong and smiling. 'Cause I'll be home.

Alex and I saw Jacques Tati's "Playtime" in 70mm at the Aero in Santa Monica on Thursday night. I've seen the movie a few times (yes, even projected) before, and lemme just say, holy damn! I leave few movies as speechless as I am after that one. I hope to own a print of that in my permanent collection when I am old and wealthy, living in a gaudy crib, with a built-in movie theater. Tati really knows how to fill a frame. I Heart Hulot. Tati's presence on-screen reminded me a little of Harold Lloyd's early on in "The Sin of Harold Diddlebock".

S-Brahms is in town. We went CD Shopping. I bought "Muswell Hillbillies" (Kinks) and also a Guns N' Roses DVD (Welcome to the Videos). Both should be good.

That's all for now. - Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home