Thursday, December 01, 2005

Paul, the Walrus...

Brothers and Sisters,
Last night J Matty J had an extra ticket for Paul McCartney at the Staples Center. Paul puts on a long show. Like over two and a half hours. Everytime he finished a song, there'd be massive applause and he'd hold his arms up, looking like he was about to leave the stage.


Some songs played:

Maybe I'm Amazed
Live and Let Die
Jet
Band On The Run
Yesterday
Hey Jude
Get Back
Helter Skelter
Please Please Me
Let It Be
I've Got a Feeling
St. Pepper's
Carry That Weight
Eleanor Rigby
For No One
Penny Lane
She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
Blackbird
Back In The USSR
I Will
I'll Follow The Sun
Good Day Sunshine
The Long and Winding Road
Magical Mystery Tour
I'll Get You
Drive My Car
Till There Was You
Fixing a Hole
and he finished it with "The End".

This isn't the full setlist, but gives you an idea of why my mind was blown. Was the band cheesy? Yes! Was it sorta what you'd expect a Paul McCartney Las Vegas show to be? Yes! Nontheless, Paul McCartney still rocks.

Paul McCartney is a beacon of sincerity.
Paul McCartney is a goofball.
Paul McCartney is magnificent.

I planned to write a full review, but I feel unable to describe how glorious, magnificent, inspiring a show this was. Not much to say, except one of those concerts I'll always remember. It was very very very good evening filled to the brim with many of the best rock songs ever being performed by their creator. (Yes, I'll be on a Beatles kick for the next year 'cause of this night) All for now, Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home