Monday, December 05, 2005

Monday or as I like to call it "December 5th: Return to the Cubicle!"

This weekend went very quickly. Friday night, I ate a burrito and went home and fell asleep. I woke up on Saturday. Went for brunch with Alex and Jason. Hit up the dry cleaners. Hit up the bank. Then Alex and I did laundry at a laundromat. We walked to Trader Joe's while the clothes dried. Alex made enormous turkey burgers for lunch. I watched part of a movie on dvd, and the afternoon disappeared. Then Alex, Kat and I met up with Hil for dinner in Venice with Kat's friend Christina and her friend who's name I can't remember for the life of me. A-Scards was somewhere in Beverly Hills, but I couldn't find the hotel where the party was at. (What business do I have at a hip party in Beverly Hills anyway). Saw Hil's new place. Alex picked me up and we headed home. I fell asleep.
Sunday, I met up with J Matty J. Handed over a CD-Rom for software that will allow us to collaborate on a writing project that is lacking in plot at the moment, but filled to the brim with moxie! It's a sitcom unlike any you've ever seen! Unless you've seen Anti-Alf, where an introverted astronaut crash lands on the planet Melmack, and becomes an annoying, catch-phrase spouting fixture in the Shumway residence (they have a spare room) for a few seasons, before the show is fortunately canceled, to the delight of many, including cats everywhere. I reach for the delete key so Anti-Alf can disappear, but alas, I'm moving forward in this post...
Went to work for 5 hours yesterday. Met up A-Scards for dinner at Chi Dynasty. Sandra Oh was there. It was a succesful dinner; mostly because I made it through without spilling any food on my shirt. I drove A-Scards home and then met up with BJ to borrow his DV camera which is going to serve as a deck for me to load rough footage into Final Cut Pro. Which will, in the next couple of months, turn into the vaguely-autobiographical "Paralegal", the follow up to my successful quasi-autobiographical short films, "Uncertain Ivy League Graduate" and "Bored Temp". The hopefully-non-autobiographical hit sequel to "Paralegal" hasn't yet been scripted, but some possible titles: "Considering Graduate School", "Mid-20's Crisis", and "Following Your Dream (Until Reality Hits)".
Woke up this morning and the seemingly insulationless majestic estate Alex and I call home was FREEZING! We have heating in our house, but there are only 2 settings: OFF or SAUNA. Do I buy a small space heater for my room? I'm considering it, and putting it on a small table so it's not on the carpet directly. Hmmm...
Lunch is over! Back to work, Eric

P.S. I'm probably in L.A. Christmas through New Year's. Anyone around? I might go on a spiritual journey into the desert (READ: LAS VEGAS).

P.P.S. I know it's old news, but "311, I am ready to fight" is awesome, awesome, awesome. Oh, and yes, hilarious.

2 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. the creed/311 showdown occurred just minutes from my house.

2. las vegas for new year's? really? really really?

-ellen

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger alex or eric said...

1. wow, minutes? sweetness.

2. new year's in vegas would be great (or really depressing) so yeah, i'm totally game provided i'm not solo in the ciudad de basura.

- Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home