Tuesday, April 05, 2005

the gone 'til november remix....

Eric writes:

Gothamist has a nice interview with a high school classmate of mine who started a magazine: interview here. It's wonderful to know I've still got friends engaged in exciting and creative pursuits. (Not to hold anything against the big-time moneymakin' friends of mine; don't worry moneymakers, I'm proud of you too, especially knowing that i've got friends I can call on that inevitable day I need someone to put up my bail money...)

Last night in the gym, I listened to the "Gone 'Til November" remix. R-Kelly, Wyclef and Canibus tear shit up in a really entertaining albeit bewildering way. Canibus's best piece of rapping on the track? My opinion: "By the middle of March, when the pregnancy starts in my lady's placenta, I'll be gone 'til november!" Why does this entertain me so much? 'Cause he rhymes placenta and November, somehow. There's also a Karma Chameleon shout-out to enjoy. Anyway, if you can track down this remix, I suggest it. I think it's from Fall '97 and came on the "Gone 'Til November" single. Here's a link for the curious: Gone 'Til November - remix

Last night, Alex and I joined Neighbors Nat and Matt for a fun dinner at an Indian restaurant where I ordered too much bread.
Recording a new M.C. Nuggets song "Spring Cleaning" where I dump a bunch of old rhymes that need a home. It's sorta funny but pretty bland for some reason. That's all for now, Eric

p.s. i pretty much hated l.a. when i moved here. like it a lot now. warm weather, great concerts, and celebrity run-in's all make for good times. Alex's classmate loaned me some tracks, one of which I talk-sung over. Here's the non-amazing non-m.c. nuggets results: puppy mills - "fake id" (i'm well aware these mp3s are super low-res... trying to find a way to host them in a higher bit-rate format. any suggestions?)


MP3 File

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home