Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Last weekend...

Eric:
Weekend was great.
Friday night: Dinner with A-Scards at Chi Dynasty. I hurt my tooth (more like the gum between teeth, did food get wedged up there? it's beyond me.) At home, I can't sleep 'cause of the pain. Extra-flossing only makes it worse. I open the medicine cabinet, and proceed to take a painkiller that had been prescribed for this past winter's bump-removal (my scalp will now be telly savalas smooth if i ever choose to pursue the monk path...) and fall right asleep. Which was comforting. Maybe it was the MSG. Maybe it was the medicine. But my dreams were strange.

Saturday morning I slept in for hours and hours and hours. (Sidenote: Reminded of how much I like the song "Silly Dreams" by Dead Milkmen. I love "Soul Rotation". Am I alone?)

Saturday: I meet J-Innes for lunch. Bay Cities makes great sandwiches. If you're ever there, spring an extra 2 bucks for fresh mozzarella on your sandwich. Take it from me, it's a brilliant move. Afterwards, we went back to casa de Innes to make music. For three hours, I try to improvise a song. Nothing good comes out. Maybe the lyrical magic can only happen in the comfort of my messy bedroom. Dunno. J was a good sport and lots of fun to hang out with. We decided to move on to trying to procure a toga for Saturday night's toga party at Neighbor Matt's.

We arrived at the 99 Cent store, where everything is 99 cents. Or less. We abandoned our search when we realized nothing we had would really make for a comfortable toga (read: vinyl tablecloths, duct-tape, deflated beach balls, etc.). J and I each had a slice of pizza at a place in Santa Monica that is supposed to be like NY Pizza, called Bravo or Bravo's. It's on main street. The crust is good. However, the cheese on my slice was overpoweringly strong. Not Grimaldi's or Patsy's (117th and 1st Patsy's) or Sal & Carmine's or Lombardi's, but really what is? New York makes great pies. Nontheless, the slice was significantly better than the few I've had in L.A. thus far.

Toga Party was everything a toga party should be. I wore a bedsheet which quickly fell apart. I changed into my NUGGETS warmup jersey and "you got served" baseball cap. Neighbor Matt threw a great party. I mean. There were togas, whistles, tequila, and food cooked on a hot grill. Does it get better?

On IM today, I wrote something funny.
Then I proceeded to write:
First:
Funniest people in the world for 1000.
Then, after a brief pause:
Ding. Who is M.C. Nuggets?

So lucky that I've never tried to accent a joke with a jeopardy-style buzz-in in real life. But maybe one day, when I'm feeling obnoxious, or just to point out that I said something funny and deserve laughter as payment for coming up with whatever clever words just spilled from my mouth.

Man it's been hard to blog. So busy these days. Oh, I'm coming to New York Labor Day weekend for a whole week. This means, I'll have a birthday party on both coasts. Sniff sniff. Do you smell that? Someone smells like a genius.

Going to see Beck in concert on Friday night. - Eric

P.S. "smells like a genius" is stolen/appropriated from sifl & olly, which i wish was a tv channel of its own.

P.P.S. The laid back Rolling Stones Mix I burnt to disc and have been enjoying muy mucho while I drive, goes like this:
Moonlight Mile
No Expectations
As Tears Go By
I Got The Blues
Let It Loose
Loving Cup
Torn & Frayed
Dead Flowers
I'm Free
I Am Waiting
Blue Turns To Grey
Coming Down Again
Wild Horses
Fool To Cry
You Got The Silver
Shine A Light

P.P.P.S. The mouth pain is gone. Guess someone else has it now. That is, if all pain and suffering is shared. If you have the pain I used to have, hope it doesn't stay on you too long.

2 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yesssss! you'll have to let me know the dates of your visit to nyc. it's essential that i see you. x x ellen

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger SHL said...

sifl & olly....jesus, god.
Chester is sorely, sorely missed.
BTW, you forgot to mention the very good and yet somehow extremely unfulfilling quality of burritos in the farmer's market on Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home