Sunday, July 10, 2005

Clipped...

Eric writes:

In the process of cleaning my room the other in preparation of Martha's arrival, I lost my nail clippers. This isn't the first pair of nail clippers I've lost. I've never been really attached to any of the nailclippers I've owned. I buy the cheap-o brand nail clippers at the drug store and they do a pretty good job of keeping me from becoming that guy in the guiness book of world records who grosses me out (the one with the superlong nails, obviously). But today I woke up with claws on my hands. And the clippers are lost. (I have the little scissors, but I sorta hate those). In any case, better be careful with the rocklocks today. Better stick with the pounds. Face it, the traditional handshake is dead. Me, I'm all about walking up to someone in a business meeting and just as we're approaching, yell out, "High Ten!", and I hold up both palms, ready for the triumphant double-high-5... You know, maybe it's good that I don't actually go to any business meetings at this point in my life...

Thinking now that I could find the nail clippers if I had one of those wands that people use to find metal "treasure" (read: spare change) in the sand. But I buy cheap-o clippers. Are they even made of metal, or are they just covered in a thin metal-look shiny skin? I made a joke to Alex that if I ever was a billionaire, I'd like to spend my nights hiding gold coins in beaches for the treasure-seekers to find...

Friday Night, Martha and I went downtown, and met up with Alli and T., two friends of hers from NYU. The bar, Broadway Bar, was hosting a birthday party for some happy looking dude I didn't know. Lotsa pretty Hollywood people, but the usual self-loathing didn't take over and consume me. I had a beer (from a typical L.A. bar beerlist: Guiness, Heineken, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Budweiser, Bud Light, Stella Artois, some cider, and Corona. Read: No Miller High Life. No small breweries either. Kudos to places like Father's Office for having extensive groupings of beers that aren't made by mega-corporations. Let me make it clear, I don't drink a lot of beer, but when I have a beer, I like that it's made in a facility smaller than a blimp hangar). Silly dancing took place. Only song I remember is "99 Luftballoons". Met some USC recent graduates (undergraduate) who were clearly enjoying their early mid-20's. One of them started talking to me about something, but I couldn't understand one word she said. I nodded and smiled. Was it English or gibberish? I have no idea. But my nod wasn't enough. While dancing, She leaned in towards me and repeated what she had said. (Note: I was not dancing. I was waiting for Martha to return from wherever she'd disappeared to.) Perhaps a question, I thought. But again, no f'ing clue if they were even words coming out of her mouth. I repeated the nod & smile. She suddenly stopped dancing, looked angry, said something, quickly walked to the bar, grabbed a drink and went outside the smoking area. Maybe she was on drugs. Maybe it was a speech impediment. Perhaps both...

Martha and Alli wanted to move on around 1am. I of course, launched into selling mode, to convince them that rather than go back to the house (Alli was going to crash at my house with Martha), we should go to a Japanese after-hours bar I frequent. (Neighbor Matt introduced me.) T joins us, as we drive towards the place. Anyway, something happened, and JAHB's no longer serving drinks post 2-am. We head back to the house. I give Martha and Alli the keys, and then I drive T home to Brentwood. Got back home, sat on the deck with M&A, and just talked for awhile about the t-shirts...

Yesterday, I didn't do much of anything. Saw "March of the Penguins" with Alex and Kat. B+. We then had lunch at Doughboys. A+. I tried to rush Alex home so he could get to work on time, but there was traffic which slowed me down. B-. Went to the gym but felt kinda sick. C+. Went home and recorded a new M.C. Nuggets song called, "Heather, I just dumped you for your grandma." It's kinda vulgar so don't think I'm posting it here... yet. A-. I drove to Glendale and grabbed a late dinner at Baja Fresh. C+. Slept in 'til 10am. A, A-.

That's about it for the report card. About to go grab brunch. Wish me luck. - Eric

P.S. Update: clippers found. Much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home